Gluten free breakfast fast food is the mostly searched fast food by diabetics who still want to eat fast food. Diabetics are suggested not to eat fast food, even normal people with healthy condition are not suggested to eat fast food too often. Actually, you still can eat fast food although you have diabetes. You just need to pay attention at the limitations when eating it. Here are some tips of ordering breakfast fast food for diabetics.
Things to be concerned in Ordering Breakfast Fast Food
- If you want to choose breakfast fast food in combo, ask the waiters to change the French fries with salad or fresh fruits to replace it.
- Do not order the jumbo size. Jumbo size or deluxe size means a bigger serve or fast food which also means more calories contained in the food. It also means that it contains more saturated fats, salts, and also cholesterol. It will be better if your order gluten free breakfast sandwich fast food if it is available.
- Get used in ordering fast food without topping. If you cannot find gluten free breakfast fast food, choose the common fast food without adding any topping on it. Do not add tomato sauce or mayonnaise. If you order sandwich or burger, order one without cheese and ask the waiters to add some tomatoes and onions.
- Choose to eat salad as your side dish. Choose salad instead of garlic bread or mac and cheese as your side dish. Mix bell pepper, broccoli, spinach, garlic with some fruits such as strawberry, melon, watermelon, and etc. As the salad dressing, you can add mustard instead of mayonnaise.
- Eat healthy snacks after you eat breakfast fast food. You can eat fresh fruits or plain Greek yogurt as your snacks to replace the unhealthy ones. You can order them in the gluten free fast food breakfast restaurant or you just can bring them from your home.
DIY Gluten Free Breakfast Fast Food Menu
If it is difficult for you to find gluten free breakfast fast food restaurant in your town, you can make these simple menu for your breakfast fast food.
- Scrambled Eggs
Scrambled eggs is the common breakfast menu even in the fast food restaurant. But you cannot control the ingredients they use if you order it that kind of restaurant. So, it will be better if you cook it yourself since it is really simple. Fry the eggs with pure olive oil instead of cooking oil or vegetable oil. Add some vegetables and mashed potatoes or boiled potatoes to make it even healthier.
- Sandwich with Wheat Bread
Making sandwich with wheat bread is healthier than using the common bread. Wheat bread is healthier because it contains a lot of vitamin E. You can even choose the healthy filling such as spinach, tomatoes, onions and any other healthy vegetable. Or you can make your own fruit jams as the topping. This simple menu can also be your gluten free breakfast fast food.