Peace of mind is a state of mental and emotional calmness, with no worries, fears or stress. In this state, the mind is quiet, and you experience a sense of happiness and freedom.
Such peaceful moments are not so rare. You have experienced them in the past, at times when you were engaged in some kind of an absorbing or interesting activity. Here are a few examples:
- Watching an entertaining movie or TV program.
- Being in the company of someone you love.
- Being absorbed in reading a book.
- Lying on the sand at the beach.
- On vacation, when you experience some sort of mental numbness, forgetting your work and day-to-day-life.
- In deep asleep, when you are not aware of anything.
Such activities, and similar ones, take away the mind from its usual thoughts, worries and constant thinking, replacing them with inner peace. Usually, this state lasts for only a while, but we enjoy it while it lasts.
The question is, how to bring more peace of mind into our life, and more importantly, how to experience it in times of difficulties and ordeals.
You might also ask, whether it is possible to turn it into a habit, and enjoy it always and under all circumstances. Actually, there are a few things you can do to enjoy more peace in your life, and in time, you might gain the ability to experience it quite often.